Friday 24 September 2004

its the weekend!

I have to say I am so happy it is the weekend! The pity is it flies by and Monday soon arrives. I have to say work has been good this week, I have been making progress on the project and now sense I have a great deal to look forward to.

Next weekend I am in London attending the PCS Black Members Seminar, this is the Civil Service trade union gathering for Ethnic Minority staff. This is my second time I am attending the event. I hope to build on the success of the united against fascism campaign last year and working to challenge racism and bigotry wherever it raises its ugly head.

This labour government deserves praise for its work on equality and diversity. The government ordered the Stephen Lawrence Inquiry, brought upto date race legislation, the publication of the Race Equality Scheme and the diversity legislation in the field of equality.

Have a good weekend all.

No comments: