Tuesday 11 March 2008

Death of Chief Constable Michael Todd

I am deeply saddened by the death of Greater Manchester Police Chief Constable Michael Todd. He had a distinguished record of policing throughout his career and he will be missed by colleagues, friends and those that met him on various occasions.

Our thoughts are with Michael’s family and friends during this difficult time, having met him on various occasions I was struck by his commitment to tackling crime and helping improve communities.

Since his arrival in Greater Manchester, the force has been engaged in building links with the Muslim community and his personal support on these issues was valued by me personally and the wider Muslim community.

Once again I offer my support and condolences to Michael’s family and friends.

No comments: